Bohol: Then and Now

Mood: Sad

The damages of the earthquake that hit the country (particularly the Visayas Region) last Tuesday makes me so sad. It is devastating! Bohol and Cebu are two of the places close to my heart. It was our favorite place to visit. My family and friends also had a great time last summer there. It was an amazing trip, the first one I had with my friends S and N. But the recent events have devastated and ruined the modern structures of Cebu and the heritage churches of Bohol. :(

Last summer at the Baclayon Church, Bohol.





This is the 500-year old church now, after Tuesday's magnitude 7.2 earthquake.
source


This was hubby at the top of the Chocolate Hills, Carmen, Bohol



This is the hilltop viewing deck, now.
source
But I believe in the spirit of hope in all Filipinos. Boholanos can overcome all these and somehow see the light at the end of the seemingly endless tunnel.  Filipinos, this is a challenge for all of us. Let us hold hands and courageously march forward. Let's pray for Cebu and Bohol. I believe this is not the end. This is not the part of the story wherein the hero crumbles and raises the flag.  

After all , we still have hope and our faith and each other.






Comments

  1. I feel the same way..Cebuana here.. It will be heal.. in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watching the news, I feel so sad too. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,it is. Ang daming damages! Hindi madaling bumangon from it all. :(

      Delete
  3. I didn't hear anything about this. I'm happy that you're ok but so sorry that there was so much devastation. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! How about sharing your thoughts, too? :)

Popular Posts